Tuesday, 29 March 2016

Betty's Book Experiments

More experimenting today...
















It's amazing how each girl has a character all of her own!

 


I tried mounting the blanket onto fabric - it didn't work so well as the two textures were so different and the blanket 'gives' so much while the cotton doesn't at all (thank goodness for buttons to help hold things in place!). Using more than one layer or turning the edges under wasn't an option as the cover was then really thick.
The best result happened when I did rows of tiny machine stitching round the edge of the blanket before cutting it out; that seemed to stabilise the fabric and achieved a better edge. So, we're nearly there!
Final versions will be available at the Tavistock Vintage and Textile Fair on 30th April. 
Betty x

No comments:

Post a Comment