The tools I'd ordered have arrived. A set of small files, a pair of pliers, some small screwdrivers and a metal hole punch.
Almost too nervous to begin, in case I spoil all the lovely treasures I've been given...
The first task was to work out how to remove the sharp pieces from the back of the watch faces without damaging them. The pliers and the files worked a treat and I got away with minimal trauma to the faces (although I have to admit, there was a bit of trauma to my fingers!).
Flat, smooth faces. Now the fun with ribbons and stitching can begin!
Vintage midnight blue velvet ribbon and...
Working out the best way of stitching everything together so that it's secure and takes the weight of the watch face took some time but I learnt a lot from doing the first one (as always).
I'm really pleased with these brooches - just in time for the artisan market in Tavistock on Sunday! I'm going to investigate time quotes to go with them. Now I just need some sunshine so that photographs show the colours accurately!